We had another fun Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach this year. Tom, Whitley and I drove down on Thursday morning, in time to enjoy a delicious, traditional holiday meal at Judy's with the Davis family. Whitley and Drew sat together at one end of the table, eating little and chatting a lot! Those two continue to be quite the silly pair! My parents arrived that night, and we spent most of Friday hanging out and eating our usual fried turkey and potatoes. Whitley had a nice time playing with the coloring and painting crafts CC brought, as well as building multiple castles with the German blocks Stacy and I used as kids.
Two kids who just don't know what a formal dinner is. Oh well. They were dressed for it, at least!
Enjoying the warm weather and some coloring!
Oh, no! Drew, the Kissisaurus, is coming!
And he goes straight for Whitley!
Drew acts out the "Kissisaurus". This was a priceless imitation of my dad, who stomps around after the squealing kids before attacking them with affection. The game is such a hit with Drew and Whitley- they request it incessantly!
Monday night, CC and Day Day brought the boys over to play and eat dinner with us. The cousins did a little cooking themselves!
Whitley and CC!
Unfortunately, the reason I haven't done a blog in so long is because Whitley has been so sick since her birthday! She has had cold upon cold, suffering from a terrible runny nose and constant cough. She really looked bad down in Myrtle beach, so we spent an hour and a half at a clinic there on Sat. Fortunately, it was not for nothing- they loaded her up with meds, and she has shown improvement! In this picture, we were at her regular Pediatrician's office for a follow-up appointment. I thought she was so cute with the paper and pen she requested! The nurses were giggling at her as she bounced around the lobby, talking away, before settling down to write. :)
Now, we're only a few weeks from Christmas, and I am so thankful for my precious family, and all the blessings we've received. Mommy, Stacy and I think back to last May and the scare we had with Daddy, and we're all just so happy to see each other so often and enjoy one another's company so much. Furthermore, I was fortunate enough to marry into the Watson/Hargreaves clan- another group who so clearly values family.
Many hugs and kisses to all of you! I am immensely thankful for your love!
No comments:
Post a Comment