We had some exciting visitors this week as Tom's Aunt Joyce and cousin Phyllis spent Wednesday night with us. They were driving back up to Massachusetts from Florida and making some fun stops along the way. Joyce and Phyllis both gave Whitley cute clothes; she opened them shortly after their arrival. Dave and Terri joined us for dinner, and we all had a very nice visit. It was such a midweek treat!
Whitley and I also had a nice Saturday. We had a girls afternoon, meeting up with some of my favorite former students at Jason's Deli for a late lunch. Whitley primarily amused herself with the all-you-can-eat ice cream and muffins, and occasionally chimed in with, "This is my Mommy!" (She kept saying it on Saturday to anyone who would listen. Nice to know she's proud of me!) Then, Whitley and I drove to my Uncle Mark and Aunt Mary's house for a little visit. Whitley again kept herself busy, pulling out and playing with every item from our giant diaper bag, while I had a nice chat with my aunt and uncle. Finally, we hit Target for some dress shopping! I had promised Whitley earlier in the week that I would take her. She has recently become obsessed with dresses, and I wanted to reward her for having quit sucking her paci. (She's gone over a week without one! Quit cold turkey!) So when I asked her if she wanted to get some more dresses she said, "YES! Ok! I pretty!" Well, Target has plenty to choose from, and Whitley spied some she liked. (Including one in my size which she grabbed and said, "Oooh, that's cute.") I held up about 15 different toddler dresses in all colors, and we went through them. Whitley picked up on the idea right away, and was giggling as she said, "Nope... Nope... Purple one! Yes! Get it!" When she saw one she liked, she'd grab it and sling it over her shoulder into our cart behind her. It was so funny! (I hope this isn't the creation of a fashion diva, though!) On the way home we listened to Whitley's Disney Princess CD, and she again cracked me up by singing along to "A Whole New World" and "Part Of Your World". I guess it's not that amazing that she should know the tune and words of both songs since we've listened to them hundreds of times, but I'd never heard her sing them before. She belted out "Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun!" It was fantastic. :) 
Sweet Phyllis had Whitley laughing pretty hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment