Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Holidays '09: The Children's Museum

Whitley hangs out behind the counter of the "grocery store" at The Children's Museum.

We Watsons are home and recuperating from a wonderful and exceptionally busy Christmas holiday! The first company to arrive was Uncle Mike, who drove down from NY in mid Dec. and stayed with us a few nights before Grammy and Papa arrived on the 20th. Karen and the kids followed a few days later, and CC and Day Day flew in on Christmas Eve. All the travelers were spread out amongst various homes, but Tom, Whitley, and I managed to spend quality time with all of our loving relatives, as well as enjoy a lot of food and fun! It's going to take a few blog posts to cover all the activities, but I'm hoping to finish up by next weekend. I'll start with some photos from the Watson family visit to The Children's Museum on Dec. 23rd.

I just delighted in taking Whitley, Scott, Mychaela, and Liam to this museum. It is a fantastic place for kids to run around, interact with one another and the exhibits, and make use of their imaginations. The museum is a big loop of kid-sized rooms dedicated to some of a child's favorite make-believe activities. There is a miniature pizza parlor, grocery store, campground, dentist office, home kitchen, post office, construction site, and train station, and many more! I don't even think our kids experienced everything, but they played continuously and enthusiastically the whole time we were there. Tom and I can't wait to take Whitley back. I'll let the pictures tell the story better. :)

The Watson boys take a seat in the giant chair in the lobby. (You can imagine how big it must have been for those three to pile in it!)




Whitley and Liam mail packages at the post office.

Whitley collects "coal" to fuel the train!




The train's darling dining car was a hit with all of the kids. We definitely hung out there the longest!









Whitley picks out some bread from the bakery at the market...






and loads up her cart!







Scott checks out a large version of "Operation"!









Liam selects some fruit!









Dental Hygienist Mychaela gets to work on Grammy, with a little assistance from Whitley. :)








No comments: