
This past Friday, Tom and I drove to the Outer Banks for a wedding, and our first weekend without Whitley. A part of me dreaded the trip all week, and I shed a few tears Thursday night. Fortunately, CC and Day Day were available to watch Whitley while we were gone, so I knew Whitley would have lots of fun and receive lots of love. And sure enough, I don't think she missed us one bit! CC and Whitley spent Friday at the Davis household, where Whitley always loves to play with Drew and his toys. Saturday, my parents and the Davis crew drove to VA to spend the day with our cousins. Sunday was a day for relaxing at home until Tom and I arrived back around 3:00. We received an excellent report- Whitley was sweet and perfect in our absence. :) We also got a look at Whitley's new ride! CC and Day Day bought Whitley a little electric car. There is a button on the steering wheel that makes it go, as well as a removable handle for parents to control. She got the hang of it quickly and had a blast cruising around the yard.

Big smile for CC!

Check out how Whitley rolls!

I also have a few pictures from our trip to Nag's Head. It was our first trip to the Outer Banks, and Tom and I had a great time! The weather was perfect, so we spent a few hours on the pretty beach Saturday morning before partying at the wedding that evening. We visited two lighthouses and the Wright brothers' memorial, as well. Overall, it was a wonderful and relaxing mini-vacation, and I was pleased that we were really able to enjoy our time together and not just worry about Whitley. (Of course, I called home often, and even dreamt about her both nights.) Thanks, CC and Day Day! We appreciate it!

No comments:
Post a Comment