Monday, February 27, 2012

Rapunzel Whitley

A couple of weeks ago, Whitley and I took a trip to spend the night with my dear high school friend Asha, and her two kids, Eva and Cole. Whitley and Eva are close in age, and share many of the same interests- especially dress up, art, and princesses! We had a great visit, including front row seats to a fairy tale ballet, and Whitley is still asking when we're going back to Eva's house. However, I think the part that stands out the most in Whitley's mind is Eva's Rapunzel braid she let my little girl wear the whole weekend. Never has Whitley talked about or asked for a toy as much as she has that hair! Every day after the trip, "Hey, Mommy, remember that Rapunzel hair? That Eva had? With the flowers in it?" or "Hey, Mommy, can we go to the store? That has Rapunzel hair? With flowers in it? Like Eva's?" Fortunately, I found it on discount at Disney.com, and it arrived pretty quickly! And I can honestly say that Whitley has lived in it ever since. She slept with it the first night (though now she tends to hang it on her bed post "for safekeeping".) Last night, Tom sat in amazement as Whitley held it on her head with one hand and ate Spaghetti O's with the other. This afternoon, she told her teacher she was going home to play dress up with her new hair, and she was thrilled to get to show it off to Uncle Dave and Aunt Terri when they stopped by. Her school clothes come off as soon as she walks in the door, and the Rapunzel dress and wig go on. (The poor dress is in tatters at this point! I've already sewn it once!) Whitley even calls herself Rapunzel Whitley, which, she says, is who she will officially be when she grows up. I know Whitley is in full Rapunzel mode when I get called "Mother" (like Mother Gothel) instead of Mommy. :) Whoever I am, I sure love that this braid makes my sweet pea so happy. Here are some photos from the last few days: Swingin' the braid around.


Rapunzel in her tower, letting down her hair.

A little bit of dancing in her room.

So excited!!

Whitley and Eva have a princess lunch when we first arrive.

Waiting for the ballet to start.

Wearing Eva's beautiful Rapunzel costume and wig for the first time.

Showing off animal posters we made.
The second of two ice cream trips! Woo hoo!


No comments: