Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dogwood Festival


We enjoyed another beautiful weekend! Friday night, we had a fun and yummy dinner with Day Day, Aunt Kim, Uncle Mark, Aunt Mary and Whitley's cousin Bryan. It was a wonderful family time, but I didn't take any pictures! I don't know what I was thinking! Then Saturday morning, Tom woke up early and headed downtown to run a 5K in conjunction with our town's Dogwood Festival. Whitley and I met Tom and his fellow running friend at the festival around 10:00, just as the activities were kicking off. Whitley was the first one on the rides; you can see her laughing away by herself on the motorcycles. Local cloggers performed on a stage nearby, and Whitley was entranced! She even stomped her feet and waved her arms in imitation. Then we shared some Italian ice (cotton candy flavored!) and funnel cake and before heading home.

The first one on the rides!



Concentrating on and clapping for the cloggers.


This ice cream is too good for just one spoon!


Whitley probably could have ridden this herself, but I like riding, too. :)








Whitley pulled on Tom until he knelt down, and she could climb in his lap. We love when she feels like snuggling!


Visiting Bailey wanted to get in on the lovin'!
















No comments: