Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sweet Valentine's Weekend


Valentine's Day weekend was a full and fun one! CC and Day Day came and stayed with us Friday night, and then Saturday morning, we headed over to Mae Mae's to make pink heart-shaped cookies. Whitley got a little wild with this. She liked throwing the flour around and picking the cookie dough into little balls. At one point during the decorating, Whitley had her left hand in the icing, her right hand in the sprinkles, and then put both in her mouth! Several yummy cookies were cut-out, baked, and iced successfully, though, and she certainly had a good time! When we arrived home from Mae Mae's, we saw that Tom had baked a Mardi Gras king cake. I was so excited because I'd been craving one for weeks. The cake was beautiful and delicious with a cream cheese filling. My parents and I were so impressed with Tom's baking skills! We took it easy that afternoon and evening, and Day Day helped put Whitley to bed by singing one of her favorite books with me- Ten in the Bed. Sunday morning, the Davis fam joined us for playtime and lunch. It was a nice, relatively warm, sunny day, and so we spent some quality time on the deck before Day Day had to leave. Later that afternoon, CC and I took Whitley to see The Princess and the Frog at the discount theater nearby. Whitley and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time we saw it, and CC liked it, too. CC stayed with us through Wednesday, taking care of Whitley while Tom and I worked. It is always such a pleasure to have her with us, and Whitley loves the extra affection and attention!

Whitley started out nicely by rolling the dough and making a few heart cut-outs.


Sweet Mae Mae shows her how it's done.


Things got a bit messy, and Mel Mel jumped in to help Whitley out.





Pinkalicious!





Look at these crimson cuties!






Tom's yummy king cake. Sooooo good.


One night, Whitley and CC got silly on the couch. Whitley liked having CC lay her head in her little lap.






Perfect, pretty David had a grand time in Whitley's exersaucer.











Taking in some sun with my family. :)



















No comments: