Last Wed., Whitley and I flew up here to MN for a week to visit my parents, and I can't believe our trip is already half over! Mom and Dad had everything ready for us, of course- toys, car seat, snacks, pack-n-play, etc. Whitley spent a good portion of the afternoon running around, taking everything in. There is a playground in the neighborhood, and we went there to swing and slide- some of Whitley's favorite activities! On Thursday, Mom, Whitley and I went to a nearby amusement park called Valley Fair. Whitley was a bit too small to ride much there, but she greatly enjoyed the rides she did go on! Friday was "Dad and Daughter day" for me and Daddy; I had lunch with him at the casino, and then we went to the movies to see "Public Enemies". We were busy Saturday visiting friends. A nice friend of my parents, Leah, came over with her husband and 10 mos baby for lunch. I was anxious to see how Whitley reacted to him (Eli), since she'll have a new little cousin in a few weeks! Well, she was very jealous when CC tried to hold or play with Eli; Whitley always wanted to climb in her lap, too. We're going to have to work on that. Whitley did give Eli a sweet hug and kiss, though, before he left. Later that afternoon, we drove over to the Wallick's house for dinner. They have a black cat named Ernie, and Whitley was fascinated by him! I think this was her first time seeing a real live "kitty," so she followed him around as much as she could, and probably said "kitty" a hundred times. Today, we had a great trip to the Scott County Fair, but I'll post more about that tomorrow. Enjoy these pics!
This slide at the playground had so much static! We could hear it crackle when we slid down, and by the end, our hair was on end. Gosh, we laughed at how mom's hair reacted!
Whitley rode the merry-go-round at Valley Fair three times! She loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment